The St. Thomas Bsaketball and Volleyball Gameday Team is seeking commentators to provide the stories of our Tommies to our webcast viewers.
Although we would like to hire 1 person to fulfill both basketball and volleyball games, we may hire 1 person per sport.
WEBCAST COMMENTATOR (Basketball and/or Volleyball):
Reports To: Marketing & Events Coordinator
• Provide commentary in a timely manner about the sport (Basketball and/or Volleyball) taking place to an audience connected through webcast.
• Understand how to use microphone and webcast production equipment and assist with troubleshooting with the Webcast Producer
• Announce programs and player substitutions or other changes to patrons.
• Learn to pronounce properly the names of players, coaches, institution personnel, officials (if doubts, seek information from appropriate personnel – coaching staff, or PA Announcer)
• Organize team information such as statistics and tournament records for easy access and use during events
• Meet with Marketing and Events Coordinator, Game Day Manager and Promotions team to review schedules and exchange information regarding event and game day operations
• Read and assist in preparing game day scripts and promotions
• Previous experience in webcasting an asset
• Keen interest in sport (basketball/volleyball an asset)
• Available to work weekend and evenings as required
• A self-starter with a mature, professional attitude and can adapt to new situations quick and efficiently
• Ability to listen, understand and communicate effectively
• The capacity to learn and grasp new concepts quickly
• Ongoing awareness and responsiveness to client service
• A positive team spirit and winning attitude
• Speech Clarity – the ability to speak clearly
• Selective Attention – Ability to concentrate on a task over a period of time without distraction
• Written Comprehension – Ability to read and understand information and ideas presented in writing
• Social Perceptiveness – Being aware of people’s reactions
• Active Listening – Giving full attention to what people are saying
This position is a contracted stipend role.
St. Thomas Athletics is looking for a Webcast Commentator for its basketball and/or volleyball events. Applicants may be asked to audition for position as part of the employment process.
If interested, please submit your resume to:
Eric Moffatt – Marketing and Events Coordinator
Department of Athletics, St. Thomas University
Tel: (506) 452-0539