STU Tommies Highlight of the Week presented by Taylor Printing Group CONTEST
OFFICIAL RULES AND REGULATIONS
September 7, 2019 to March 30, 2020
No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited.
- SPONSORS: The STU Tommies Highlight of the Week presented by Taylor Printing Group Contest (the “Contest”) is sponsored by St. Thomas University Athletics Department. (“STU Tommies”), and Taylor Printing Group Inc. (“TPGI”) (hereinafter collectively referred to as the “Contest Sponsors”).
- CONTEST DATES: The Contest starts at 12:00:01 p.m. Atlantic Time (“AT”) on September 8, 2018 (the “Contest Start Date”) and closes at 11:59:59 a.m. ET on March 30, 2019 (the “Contest Period”).
- ELIGIBILITY: The Contest is open to legal residents of Canada who
- are of the age of majority in the province or territory in which they reside,
- participants are STU Tommies athletes (e.g. an individual that is paid to play a sport), and/or professional videographers (all as determined at the sole discretion of the Contest Sponsors), and
- are featured in a unique and original video performing (alone or with other eligible persons) a great play, athletic skill, or any other athletic talent, feat, or endurance at the amateur level (the “Highlight”).
Employees of the Contest Sponsors, their respective representatives and/or agents, parent, affiliated or related companies, subsidiaries, divisions, and promotional or advertising agencies, administrators and/or any other entity involved in the organization or administration of this Contest (collectively, the “Contest Parties”), and the parents, siblings, children of, or persons domiciled with, such employees are ineligible to enter. A winner of a previous major STU Tommies contest within the four (4) months preceding the start of this Contest, including persons designated by such winners to take ownership of prizes and persons domiciled with such a winner, are not eligible to enter.
- HOW TO ENTER:
REGISTRATION: Prior to being able to participate in the Contest as an entrant and/or voter, you will be required to register by: A) providing your first and last name, province/territory of residence, email address, ten digit telephone number and a password; and B) signify that: 1) you have read and agree to be legally bound by these Official Rules and Regulations (the “Rules”) and agree that the Contest Sponsors may send him/her emails regarding Contest administration; and 2) that you have reached the legal age of majority in your province/territory of residence. You will have the option, but are not required, to access the Contest Sites, and complete and submit your Video Entry or Vote via Facebook or Twitter by following the instructions found on the Contest Sites. If you choose to participate in the Contest in any capacity via Facebook or Twitter, you must only use your personal Facebook or Twitter account (“Social Account”) to do so. Limit of one (1) Contest Site profile per person (whether as an entrant and/or a voter) irrespective of the method of sign-in/sign-up.
There are two ways to enter the Contest:
- Video Entry. During the Video Entry Period, simply post your video on your personal Facebook, Twitter or Instagram Account and tag the video with “#TommiesPOW” with your unique and original video showcasing a Highlight performed by a STU Tommie, the entrant, and others if applicable (which must comply with the Submission Requirements provided below) (each a “Video”). All Video entries (each a “Video Entry” and together the “Video Entries”) will be reviewed by STU Tommies staff and the winner declared on Thursday following the previous week’s play. Entries to be reviewed will be between Monday and Sunday. During the course of submitting a Video Entry, each entrant will be required to signify that: 1) that he/she has read and agrees to be legally bound by the Contest Sponsors’ form of Video Release and License (accessible during the Video submission process on the Contest Sites). Video Entries will not be accepted and be considered void if not fully completed and received during the Video Entry Period. An entrant may submit more than one (1) Video Entry; however, each Video must be a unique and original video of a STU Tommie performing a unique Highlight (i.e. an entrant may not re-submit the same or a substantially similar Video in this Contest).
NOTE: Only one (1) person may submit a particular Highlight such that if a Highlight involves multiple persons performing the athletic act, each person involved may not submit the same Highlight into the Contest. Should multiple persons submit the same Video of a Highlight into the Contest, the first one (1) received according to official Contest server machine(s) timekeeping will be considered as the entry and the remaining submissions for that same Highlight disqualified.
- VIDEO RELEASE: To be eligible to enter the Contest, each entrant must agree to be legally bound by the Video Release and License, pursuant to which the entrant (among other things): (i) grants the Contest Sponsors a license to use his/her Video (the “License”); (ii) agrees to release the Contest Parties and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, agents, representatives, successors and assigns and the Judges and Reviewer (collectively, the “Releasees”) from all liability in connection with his/her Video; (iii) provides certain warranties and representations regarding his/her eligibility to enter the Contest and the content of his/her Video; and (iv) agrees to indemnify and hold harmless the Releasees.
- SUBMISSION REQUIREMENTS: Each Video Entry must not be captured by a professional videographer/cinematographer and include the applicable entrant’s Video showcasing his/her Highlight. The Video can include individuals or teams and should showcase a great play, athletic skill, or any other depiction of athletic talent, feat, or endurance at the amateur level – however only the individual or individuals performing the Highlight will be deemed to be the entrant and have the chance to win a non-voting Prize. For greater certainty and the avoidance of doubt, the Highlight featured in a Video must be at the amateur level. Any Video that features a Highlight performed by a professional athlete(s) or a professional stunt performer(s) (as determined by the Contest Sponsors in their sole and absolute discretion) will be disqualified. Further, if the Highlight featured in a Video is performed by a member(s) of a college or university sports association, or any other association that prohibits its members from receiving payment or prizes, such association must permit the entry of the Video into this Contest and the entrant is solely responsible for obtaining such permission (on this point. At the Contest Sponsors’ request, an entrant will be responsible for furnishing completed third party release forms (per the form made available to entrants during the Video submission process on the Contest Sites and/or as otherwise provided by the Contest Sponsors’ at their sole and absolute discretion) signed by all individuals (or their parent/legal guardian if a minor) appearing in the applicable Video to ensure permission has been granted to utilize their image in the applicable Video as contemplated by these Rules (including without limitation the License), failing which the entrant may be disqualified, as determined by the Contest Sponsors at their sole and absolute discretion. Any Video that involves a third party that does not consent to be part of the Video will be disqualified. Entrants submitting Videos will be required to provide Contest Sponsors with proof of consent from third parties appearing in the applicable Video in a form acceptable to the Contest Sponsors upon request within the timeline specified by the Contest Sponsors in their sole and absolute discretion, failing which the applicable entrant will be disqualified. Contest Sponsors assume no responsibility for any claims against infringement of the right of privacy with respect to any Video submitted.
IMPORTANT NOTE: In order to be eligible for this Contest, a Video must not include music.
Video submissions must: (i) be in one of the following video file formats: AVI; 3GP; .MOV; .MP4; .MPEG; .WMV or .MKV (h.264); (ii) be no more than 60 seconds in length; and, (iii) must not exceed 20 MB in size.
Each Video must:be an original and unique composition;
- not infringe copyright or other intellectual property rights of any third party;
- not include music;
- be suitable for publication (i.e. must not be obscene or indecent, depict violence, discriminatory or derogatory behaviour) as determined by the Contest Sponsors at their sole and absolute discretion;
- must portray a safe athletic activity;
- not contain any content which is offensive, inappropriate, defamatory, obscene or otherwise not in keeping with the spirit of the Contest, illegal, potentially or actually dangerous or harmful or containing any element of physical risk, all as determined by the Contest Sponsors in their sole and absolute discretion;
- not have been previously published, entered into any other contest, or won any other prize/award
Each person appearing in a Video should refrain from wearing any clothing items bearing business, designer, or sports logos or bearing the name or likeness of an athlete or other celebrity, living or dead. Each entrant who submits a Video Entry represents and warrants that each individual included in his/her Video (or his/her parent or legal guardian if such individual is a minor in his/her province/territory of residence) has agreed to appear in his/her Video as per the terms of the Video Release and License.
For greater certainty, the Contest Sponsors reserve the right, in their sole and absolute discretion, to disqualify any Video that the Contest Sponsors deem not to be in keeping with the Rules, policies, goals and/or guiding principles of the Contest.
Without limiting the terms of the Video Release and License and for greater certainty, each entrant that submits a Video Entry: (A) represents and warrants that his/her Video complies with these Rules; (B) agrees to release the Releasees from any and all claims, damages, liabilities, costs, and expenses arising from any liability in connection with this Contest and his/her participation therein; (c) agrees to indemnify the Releasees against any and all claims, damages, liabilities, costs, and expenses arising from use of his/her Video including, without limitation, any claim that his/her Video infringes a proprietary interest of any third party; and (D) grants the License.
For the avoidance of doubt, without limiting the generality of the rights granted to the Contest Sponsors, the License includes, without limitation, the absolute right to edit and/or alter any Video, to distribute and synchronize all or any portion of the applicable Video in timed relation to any other visual elements; to web cast, pod cast, re-publish, re-broadcast, re-platform, port, syndicate, route, and link to and from all or any portion of the applicable Video; to encrypt, encode and decode, and compress and decompress all or any portion of the applicable Video; to edit, mix, combine, merge, distort, superimpose, create or add special effects, illusions and/or other material to or of all or any portion of the applicable Video submission; to create composite, stunt, comic or unusual photographs, videos, animations, motion pictures and/or voice reproductions from all or a portion of the applicable Video; and to excerpt and/or extract portions of the applicable Video in order to host, store, index, categorize and display the applicable Video on or through the Platforms. Each entrant that submits a Video Entry specifically waives any and all moral rights and/or any and all integrity rights in and related to his/her Video and agrees to evidence same in writing if requested by the Contest Sponsors. Each entrant that submits a Video Entry agrees to complete and sign all documents necessary to confirm and/or give effect to the rights granted herein. Each entrant that submits a Video Entry acknowledges and agrees that Contest Sponsors will not be held liable for any third party copying, sharing, re-posting or unlawful use of his/her Video.
- VIDEO REVIEW The Contest Sponsors’ designated representative(s) (each, a “Reviewer”) will screen every Video within two (2) business days of receipt for compliance with these Rules and overall eligibility. Any Video that the Reviewer(s) deems, in his/her/their sole and absolute discretion, violates the terms and conditions set forth in these Rules will be disqualified. The Contest Sponsors reserve the right in their sole and absolute discretion, to edit or modify any Video, or to request an entrant to resubmit a compliant Video or modify or edit his or her Video, at any time, in order to help ensure that the Video complies with these Rules, or for any other reason.
- PRIZES: Each Week, there will be 2 gift cards valued at $25 each; one (1) will be prize for the video submitter and one (1) will be for the primary STU Tommie of the highlight submitted.
- WINNER DETERMINATION:
Determining Selected Video Entries: Within two (2) days of receiving a Video Entry, a panel of judges selected by the Contest Sponsors at their sole and absolute discretion (the “Judges”) will review and assign a score to the Video contained therein on the basis of the following five criteria: (i) athletic skill (22%); (ii) entertainment value (22%); (iii) uniqueness (22%); (iv) inspirational value (22%); and (v) safety (12%) (collectively, the “Criteria”). Each week, the highest score received from the cut-off dates for review will win that week’s prize. In the case of a tie, the Video that scored highest on “inspirational value” during the second round of judging will be deemed to have obtained the higher score. In the case of a tie on “inspirational value” score, the Video that scored highest on “athletic skill” during the second round of judging will be deemed to have obtained the higher score.
If, at any point, a Selected Video Entry is determined to have violated these Rules (as determined by the Contest Sponsors in their sole and absolute discretion) then he/she will be disqualified and the Contest Sponsors reserve the right, in their sole and absolute discretion, to select the Video Entry received during the applicable Video Entry Period that received the next highest score as a Selected Video Entry (in which case the foregoing provisions of this section shall apply to such new Selected Video Entry). The odds of being selected as a Selected Video Entry depend on the number of Video Entries received during the applicable evaluation period (commencing on the Contest Start Date in all cases and ended on the date and time provided above) and ability of a Video to satisfy the Criteria.
- AWARDING OF PRIZES: The Contest Sponsors, acting reasonably, will attempt to contact each potential Prize winner by email within two (2) days after he/she was selected as a potential winner in accordance with these Rules (such initial contact attempt a “Notification”).
Proof of identification must be provided upon request. In order to be declared a Prize winner and receive a Prize, each potential Prize winner must (a) first correctly answer, unaided, a time limited mathematical skill testing question administered by the Contest Sponsors, and (b) sign and return within the time stipulated by the Contest Sponsors, a full release and indemnity form stating that he/she
- has read and understood these Rules,
- confirms agreement to the License to his/her Video as set out in the Video Release and License,
- grants all consents required,
- authorizes the Contest Sponsors to broadcast, publish and disseminate his/her name, city of residence, photograph, likeness, sobriquet and voice, in connection with any promotion or publicity, and/or for general news, entertainment and information purposes including a willingness to participate in any media interviews pertaining to the Contest and their video submission at no additional compensation to the potential Prize winner, beyond the awarding of or participation in the applicable Prize,
- accepts the applicable Prize as offered,
- releases the Releasees from any and all liability of any kind arising out of the potential winner’s participation in this Contest, and receipt and use of the applicable Prize, and from use of his/her Video including, without limitation, any claim that his/her Video infringes a proprietary interest of any third party (as set out in the Video Release and License).
In the event that a potential Prize winner does not comply with all the provisions as contemplated in these Rules, Contest Sponsors shall have the right to disqualify such potential winner, and the Contest Sponsors shall be fully and completely released and discharged from any liability or responsibility in this regard.
- MODIFICATION/TERMINATION: If for any reason, in the opinion of the Contest Sponsors, in their sole and absolute discretion, the Contest is not capable of running as originally planned, or if the administration, security, fairness, integrity or the proper conduct of the Contest is corrupted or adversely affected, including by reason of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond their control, Contest Sponsors reserve their right (subject only to the consent of the Régie des alcools, des course et des jeux) to cancel, terminate, modify, amend, extend or suspend the Contest including canceling any method of entry, and/or select a winner from the applicable previously received eligible Entries. Contest Sponsors reserve their right (subject only to the consent of the Régie des alcools, des course et des jeux) to modify these Rules without materially affecting the terms and conditions hereof.
- QUEBEC: For Quebec residents, any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of this Contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux du Quebec for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the board only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.
- GENERAL CONDITIONS: By entering this Contest the entrants and participants automatically agree to accept and abide by these Rules and the Video Release and License. All decisions of the Contest Sponsors, Judges and/or Reviewer(s) with respect to any aspect of this Contest, including without limitation the eligibility of Entries, Videos and/or Votes, are final and binding on all entrants in all matters as they relate to this Contest.
Contest Sponsors assume no responsibility for garbled, lost, late, delayed, destroyed or misdirected Entries, Videos and/or Votes or any computer errors or malfunctions. Contest Sponsors do not assume any responsibility for incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry information, technical malfunctions, human or technical error, seeding or printing errors, lost, delayed or garbled data or transmissions, omission, interruption, deletion, defect or failures of any telephone or computer line or network, computer equipment, software or any combination thereof. Entry materials-data that have been tampered with or altered are void.
The Contest Sponsors reserve their right in their sole and absolute discretion to disqualify any individual they find to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of these Rules or otherwise in a disruptive manner. Any attempts to deliberately damage the Contest web site or to undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made the Contest Sponsors reserve their right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent of the law. Contest Sponsors shall not be held responsible for any errors or negligence that may arise or occur in connection with the Contest including any damage to an entrant’s computer equipment, system, software or any combination thereof, as a result of their participation in this Contest or from downloading any material from a Contest web site.
- PRIVACY. Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations. Personal information collected from entrants will be used by Contest Sponsors for the purpose of administering this Contest. The Administrator will not sell, share or otherwise disclose personal information of entrants with third parties, other than to third parties engaged by them to fulfil the above purposes or as permitted or required by law.
Contest Sponsors shall notify applicable health regulatory authorities as required in the event of an adverse reportable event. Such adverse events shall be reported at an aggregate data level to include only: gender and adverse event details. Entrants have a right to access and correct personal information.
- CONSTRUCTION: The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrants and the Contest Sponsors in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the Province of New Brunswick without giving effect to its conflict of law rules and provisions. All entrants consent to the jurisdiction and venue of the Province of New Brunswick. All entrants expressly agree that the New Brunswick courts shall have sole jurisdiction over any dispute or litigation arising from or relating to this Contest and agree to submit to the laws of and the jurisdiction of the federal courts of Canada and provincial courts of the Province of New Brunswick, and hereby waive the jurisdiction of any other court that now or in the future could be considered competent for any reason. The venue shall only be Fredericton, NB
In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of these Rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest related materials, including but not limited to the Contest entry form, or point of sale, television, print or online advertising, the terms and conditions of these Rules shall prevail, govern and control. In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the English language version and the French language version of these Rules, as applicable, the English version shall prevail, govern and control.
- COPYRIGHT/IP: All intellectual property, including but not limited to trade-marks, trade-names, logos, designs, promotional materials, web pages, source codes, drawings, illustrations, slogans and representations are owned by the Contest Sponsors and or their affiliates. All rights are reserved. Unauthorized copying or use of any copyrighted material or intellectual property without the express written consent of its owner is strictly prohibited.
- SOCIAL MEDIA: The Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook or Twitter. You understand that you are providing your information to the Contest Sponsors and not to Facebook or Twitter. The information you provide will only be used for the administration of this Contest and in accordance with the Rule 11. Facebook and Twitter are each completely released of all liability by each entrant and participant in this Contest. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding the Contest must be directed to the Contest Sponsors and not Facebook or Twitter.